Sunday, October 6, 2013

Popsugar Must Have Box September 2013

September's Popsugar Must Have Box was quite nice - nothing spectacular but everything is surprisingly useful.  Popsugar is currently $35/mo, however they are planning to increase the price in November to about $40, and I don't know that it is really worth that, particularly as a lot of the value is tied up in 'gift cards' for stores.  This months box included:

The Barr-Co diffuser seems to have a weak scent, however the bottle is so clean and simple and classy looking that it is a perfect fit in any room.

P.S. - You're Invited by Erica Domesek is a DIY project book with easy to moderate projects.  None of them seem to really jump out at me and many seem to involve altering items that already seem pretty cool on their own (if I had the scratch for a silk skirt, I don't think I would want to risk ruining it).  It is filled with a lot of great inspiration and tips though and I do plan to find something I can try out.

The Kitsch headbands are pretty awesome.  The colors are great, and I use headbands.  I love getting these instead of the hair ties that I cant use with my short style.

Sharkies!  Ok, I haven't tried them yet.  The name is adorable though, and I like that they included a sport treat.

Rifle Paper Co. Coaster set.  These are paper coasters, but they are holding up well for me and they are really pretty.  They match my living room decor well.

The apple flavored That's It bar included in the box was so tart I couldn't eat it.  I tried...  The texture was nice?

The Shoptiques gift card has been the biggest disappointment for me.  I ordered two items, which shipped from two different boutiques, jacking up the shipping like crazy.  My total after using the $25 card was ~$50.  The most expensive item was about $45 plus shipping on its own and didn't fit.  When I returned it, they only credited my bank account $23.  I don't know if they credited the gift card, if it can be 'reused' or what, but I am hugely disappointed that my actual money wasn't refunded.  The cheaper necklace I ordered took forever to ship and was packaged terribly.  This is likely the last time I use a gift card received in a subscription box.

http://popsu.gr/gOps (referral link)
http://musthave.popsugar.com/ (weirdly unguessable regular link)


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I received the October box as well (which is awesome!), but I did cancel. I got crazy lucky though, and I was notified that a couple awesome people used my referral link and I will get a free box =) I actually have no idea if they will still send it considering I had canceled, but I am excited and hoping for a November box now. Great idea going for the 3 month plan - you are going to love it! I have a feeling the next couple of months will be extra awesome on account of luring anyone that might have been scared off by the price change back.

      Delete
    2. lol That was actually my logic, too. The increased price should warrant better items, in addition to POPSUGAR needing to keep its clients now that the price has probably caused many cancellations. I wish I would have seen your referral link, I definitely would have used it! sigh

      And you would think a free box is . . . a free box. I hope to see an October POPSUGAR Box from you. >_<

      Delete
    3. October 19, 2013 at 6:07 PM

      Will this be your last POPSUGAR Must Have Box??? I love your reviews and videos on this subscription box in particular, but $40 is a bit much for each box. I splurged and chose the 3-month plan for $100, as I thought it was quite a deal versus paying by the month. I also thought 3 boxes would be a good gauge for how they assemble my box with my preferences on items.

      (I deleted this original comment because it looked like it came from another person. Gah, sorry.)

      Delete