Friday, October 25, 2013

Ipsy October 2013

And the month of spooktacular subscription boxes continues with Ipsy's October glam bag.  The bag is a bit boring and plain but it is what's on the inside that counts, right?  The intent is to art it up as the theme is the Art of Beauty.  Which is why such an amazingly beautiful product card was included this month.

I was really excited to receive a Coastal Scents eyeshadow brush.  It isn't an expensive brush, but it's surprisingly nice.  I would never guess it only has a $2.50 price tag - I am getting a lot of great use out of it.

Speaking of great use, my bag included a beautiful mineral shimmer eyeshadow pigment powder by Bella Terra in emotion.  It is a deep, shimmery purple with a lot of depth.  It is just amazingly pigmented and I love it.

Also included is another full size Zoya polish.  I received a shimmery blue called Neve.  I am not generally a blue polish kind of girl, but it is really rich and interesting, and I love Zoya polishes.

The Nourish Organic coconut and argon body lotion isn't bad.  It is definitely non greasy but I find the smell a bit odd.  There just seems to be a bit of an undertone that I find medicinal, like hand sanitizer.

The last item Sexy Hair's texturizing spray clay.  This actually did an amazing job adding texture and hold to my hair.  I am not used to aerosol cans, and I could taste it rather excessively.  I need practice to keep from breathing/inhaling this stuff.  It's unpleasant and probably unhealthy.  Worth trying though, it really seems to work.

Ipsy is only $10/mo and it is currently my favorite subscription.  It's great if you are looking to build a supply of a variety of beauty products with a focus on cosmetics.  If you would like to learn more about Ipsy, you can check them out here: 

www.ipsy.com (if you prefer over referral links)
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment