Sunday, October 6, 2013

Starlooks Starbox September 2013


The September Starlooks was actually a bit of a let down.  They haven't really been wowing me lately.  Bland colors and a lack of variety are becoming somewhat of the norm.  This box is a touch over $17/mo when shipping is factored in.  For that I would like to see more 4 product boxes with at least one colorful item per box, however that is just me.  I know a lot of people prefer neutrals. Starlooks was my favorite subscription service early this year, but now I greatly prefer Ipsy.



The eyeliner pot in Milky way is a very light silver.  It doesn't do much on it's own really - as an eyeshadow it is sticky and uncomfortable (but pretty).  It is a bit hard to see on my skintone as just an eyeliner.  As a base it doesn't seem as good as an actual primer (and I just use cheap NYX primer). 

The lipgloss in Pearl Necklace is a wonderful formula but the color just isn't there.  Also, the packaging they use for their glosses is terrible.  I had a problem with the stopper thing popping up into the lid, although re-tightening the cap and waiting a couple days seemed to reseal it.  Unfortunately this is the second time I have had this problem.  I also have a gloss from them with a cracked lid.  I know they had the stopper problem over a year ago with their last August box, and it bothers me that they have not worked to improve their packaging by now.  These glosses are not cheap at $12 and their customers deserve better.

The lashes retail for $13.  The look pretty?  I don't really use lashes.

There was also a 1 month free trial membership for a company called Ooberluxe, an online 'personal assistant' that makes reservations and such for you.  It seems like something wealthy business women could use, but I think most people are not so terribly inconvenienced by making their own occasional online arrangements that they would pay monthly for assistance.

You can learn more (and purchase some past Starboxes for $25, I doubt this one will be sold out for a while) by visiting them at:
www.starlooks.com


No comments:

Post a Comment