Monday, October 7, 2013

Influenster Sargento Cheese VoxBox

I was very surprised to qualify for a VoxBox from Influenster.  And excited that it was for Cheese.  Influenster is a kind of social media market research company thing, and they sent me this complimentary (completely, totally free) for testing purposes.  The box included a voucher for a free bag, a coupon for a dollar off another bag, and an insulated cheese stick holder.

I had never tried a cheese stick style snack before aside from string cheese, but I do try to get some dairy in every day, usually in the form of yogurt.  My yogurt is also 80 calories, so this is a great way for me to change up my routine without getting my caloric intake all out of whack.  

These are really good.  I expected more of a mozzarella cheese stick taste, a bit rubbery and bland, but they taste more like legit cheese - a bit melty with a nice edge to the sharp cheddar.  I have only tried the Sharp Cheddar-Jack version but I really like it and have repurchased a few bags already.  They seem a bit on the pricey side at over $4 per bag of 12, however it does work out a bit cheaper than the yogurt I buy (.50/ea) and about on par with my 80 calorie granola squares (about $3-4 for 10) so it is really cost competitive.  They just happen to have more per package than the others.

The only drawback that I have found so far is that occasionally the easy peel opening is hard to open.  I can't find where the plastic separates.  That is fairly rare however and pretty easy to deal with. Also, I tend to go a little overboard so they vanish on me quickly, but I can't exactly blame the cheese for tasting good. 

I definitely recommend these, and they seem to be pretty easy to find at grocery stores.  Right over by the string cheese and whatnot, I honestly don't know how I didn't notice them before. If you are looking for more info, recipe ideas and other fun stuff, check out their website at http://www.sargento.com/.

Here is my unboxing for a closer look:

No comments:

Post a Comment