Sunday, September 15, 2013

Julep Galaxy Mystery Box

I am such a gigantic sucker for Juleps wonderful marketing strategy that I had to cancel my Maven account to get rid of all that beautiful temptation.  Shortly thereafter, I received an email from them about a new galaxy themed mystery box.  @#*%$ Julep, I thought I was free!

Anyway, I love space.  There was no way I could resist, and holy wow am I glad I didn't.  I ordered the middle sized, cosmic mystery box with a value of at least $70 for $25, and added on the $9.99 'mystery item'.  I had to pay through the nose for shipping now that I am no longer a member, however the box they sent me has a value close to $120, so I can't exactly complain.

How did this even happen?  It's amazing.  Far more than the standard mystery boxes.  The 'mystery item' was just random stuff, the hand and cuticle stick and a polish in the color Carrie.  The colors I received in the actual mystery box are: 

Lexie (yellow)
Charlotte (purple)
Francis (green)
Blakely (molten)
Reiko (copper?)
Estelle (black with multi color holo glitter) 

The tiny travel size kit has the Rock Star hand creme and the Glycolic hand scrub, both of which I have been wanting to try out.  It also has another Oxygen Nail Treatment.  I am not sure how well that works as it can't be used as a base coat.  If I can see my nails, I destroy them.

I got a bit adventurous and decided to try my first nail art.  Julep posted a galaxy nail tutorial on their facebook.  My 'celestial bodies' are too big and just look like polka dots, but I do like how the coloring turned out.

I love and recommend Julep to anyone with self control, as they have a constant flood of irresistible deals.  I joined almost a year ago, and the condition of my nails have improved immensely.  Having such an interesting and good quality polish selection helps me keep them painted, which stops me from picking at them.  The polishes are small, and if you are not a member they are overpriced.  They do have a subscription service that gets you a discount and free shipping as well as your choice of a selection of monthly boxes at $19.99/mo.  You can always skip the boxes, but if you do you miss out on the Secret Store sale.  After that's over they start sending out the mystery box teasers...  Seriously, Julep is a non stop polish sale extravaganza.  If you want to check them out, their site is www.julep.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment