Thursday, October 24, 2013

Birchbox October 2013

I love October.  Sure, it's cold and nature keeps hucking its tree garbage on my lawn.  But there are scary movies, candy holidays, silly decorations and pumpkin spice flavored everything.  I kind of expected my October subscription boxes to be unusually good due to my fondness for fall colors and flavors, and so far I have not been disappointed.  I liked my Birchbox so much in fact, that although it was missing the most fancy pants sample (a Dr Brant Microdermabrasion thingy) I am still ranking it one of my favorites.  I would also like to mention Birchbox has really, really great customer service.  They gave me 100 points to make up for the missing sample.  100 points.  That is $10 in their online store.  The entire box only costs $10.  Crazy - I love them!

Where to even start?  The theme was beauty buzz.  I confess I never read the card so I don't know why.  Cute card though.

I received a Costal Scents eyeshadow quad in Rock Legend.  I wasn't expecting much, I had received a quad from Ipsy a while back in neutral colors and it was just ok.  These colors were rich and bold, a bit powdery but amazingly pigmented and perfectly seasonal.  I love it and am using it frequently.

Pop Beauty's lipgloss is nice.  I really like fuchsia lip colors, and it is pretty opaque for a gloss.  It has a nice minty tingle too.  The applicator confused me, I thought the doe foot popped off into the tube until I watched someones YouTube review and they mentioned it was intentional.  I do think I prefer the old fashioned way, but you can really get a lot on at once with a stick like that.

Miss Jessie's Original Pillow Soft Curls - Wow I can't tell you how excited I am to try this.  Yes I know I don't have any hair.  I have been with Birchbox for a year now, and every month the other curly haired girls all get to try Miss Jessies while I pine away.  No longer!  Ok, well, I haven't tried it yet (I want a container to put it in, it's a good size sample but I am no good with foils).  I am really looking forward to it though, and I have heard nothing but good things.

The Birchbox find this month is a full size ChapStick 'hydration lock' with CoQ10.  It feels funny but good?  Soft but action packed.  It confuses me, but I like it.

So.  Loved it.  Got $10 for a missing sample.  I also received my 13 month anniversary code, and I combined the two for a nice online order.  I really like the Birchbox point system, it gives me an opportunity to buy things I would never otherwise consider.  If you are interested in checking them out you can find them at:

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment