Sunday, August 25, 2013

Starlooks Starbox August 2013

And more lipstick from the last of my August beauty boxes.  Luckiest. Month. Ever.


The infinity lipsticks in Endless, a very sheer shimmery peach and Eons, a rose matte pink are part of the Natalie Corona Special Edition box for August.  These are nice wearable colors, but much safer than I would like.  Part of Starlooks success means appealing to a wider audience and they seem to be moving away from the bold looks of last year.  The formula is creamy to start and lasts about 5 hours.  I actually prefer their regular lipstick formula, which I find creamier, better pigmented and lasts about 4 hours anyway.

Also included is their eye glitter in Emerald.  I am surprised this is ok for eyes.  The glitter migrated a bit and annoyed my contacts.  It also got all over everything.  The color is fantastic, but the product isn't really for me.

The prism doesn't actually look very nice.  It's better than the button from June, but I don't think I will be using it.

Starlooks is $15/mo and they send 3-4 full size items.  I like them and use their products far more than items that I have gotten in other subscriptions.  I do hope they do something a little bolder for fall though, maybe a burgendy or deep plum lip color.  I would also like to see more balanced boxes.  With 2 of the same type of item in a box they are bound to disappoint anyone not a fan of the one product type.  The same with the June box that had two eyeliners. No one type of cosmetic is beloved by all.

www.starlooks.com

Unboxing video, and a closer look at the items:

No comments:

Post a Comment