Monday, September 9, 2013

Wantable Intimates Box, September 2013

Wantable has launched a new line of subscriptions box for intimate apparel.  They already have a make up and a jewelry line that seem to be growing in popularity.  They all work the same way - you take a very detailed preference quiz and they offer a very customized box at either a $36 monthly subscription fee or a flat $40 one time fee.  This is a wonderfully versatile system.  When I found out they were offering a new intimates box I decided to try a one time purchase.  I could use some new undies and socks, which is what I assumed would be the primary items.

Let me start by saying that I love this box.  Even more now, a week later, than the day I unboxed it. I wear the socks at every possible moment, and when they finally fall prey to wear or to a hungry dryer they will be mourned.

The Pink Poodle Socks from Sock It to Me have a value of $11.00.  They actually have a ton of cool patterns.  The socks are very soft, but stretchy.  I wear a size 11, so I normally tear through regular socks quickly.  These feel like they will hold up for quite a while.

The Coobie Essential Thin Strap Cami in Seafoam has a value of $20 and is my least favorite item.  It will work for layering, but it is a "one size" item and of course fits weirdly.  It is a tight but slick material that I am worried will ride up if not tucked in tightly.  Useful but not particularly enjoyable.

The Izabella Herringbone Tights in Dark Grey are valued at $19 and the fit is impressive.  I am 6' tall and didn't expected them to send me tights due to the sizing limitations caused by my legs.  Unbelievably, these fit great and are extremely cozy.  It almost makes me happy for the impending doom of fall weather.

And then there is the crown jewel of the box, the Essence Tank in Red from Pheel (size large), worth $48.  The fit is amazing.  And it isn't lounge wear, as I was expecting.  It's active wear, baby!

I have already tried it out at the gym and I am trying to determine how many times I can wear it in a row before other members start to wonder if it's ever clean (it is I swear!).

So yeah, hugely impressed with this box.  It is out of my price range to buy on the regular, but I would very much like to purchase this again as an occasional treat.  Total value is $98, and the cost of the box was only $40.  If you got one of these, let me know what you think!
 
For more info:

Unboxing video if you would like a closer look:


No comments:

Post a Comment